Tuesday, January 31, 2012

1-31-12 and a Recipe Hawaiian Style Shredded Pork

It's the end of the Month, I made it! No soda and not fastfood for a whole month. I've lost 5 pounds and I'm happy with that. Now, for the next couple of months I'm going to change things up a bit. I've entered a contest, White Mountain's Biggest Loser Contest. It's put on by a local radio station. It was free to enter and from Feb 1-April 4 we get to workout at a bunch of different gyms in Show Low, Snowflake, Pinetop, White River, St Johns and maybe a few other towns for free. We weigh in every Wednesday and the results are recorded and sent to the radio station. I guess there will be different prizes each week, sometimes for the person with the most percentage of weight loss and sometimes for the person with the most pounds lost. At the end of the contest the person with the highest percentage of weight loss will win $500 and then the Man and Woman with the highest percentage of weight loss (grand prize winner not eligible) will get a new outfit from JCP and a makeover. My Mother In Law and Brother In Law are also entered into the contest. It should be fun and give me a bit more motivation to keep going. I mostly joined so I could go to the gym for free for 2 months. The free membership does come with certain times that you are allowed to go, M-F 8am-12pm and 1pm-5pm, and Saturday's 8am-11am. So, starting Wednesday here is my plan

Wednesday: Zumba 8:15am-9:15am, Gym 9:30am-10:30am, Zumba 8pm-9pm
Thursday: Gym 9:15am-10:45am (Graham is in school 9-11am) Volleyball in the evening
Friday: Zumba 8:15am-9:15am
Saturday: I'll try to go to the gym maybe 8am-9am (if I get my neighbor to keep an eye on the kids)
Sunday: Church and Family day
Monday: Monday's should be like Wednesday's but it's Brian's day off and it's hard for me to go do stuff, I always want to stay home and hang out with him
Tuesday: Gym 9:15am-10:45am (Graham is at school 9-11am)

If I like going to the gym and keep with it the next 2 months during the competition then maybe I'll get myself and Brian a membership.

Part of the contest is that I have to go to the Gym and weigh in every Wednesday, so I'll just record my weight on the blog on Weigh In Wednesday.

I am going to continue with the No Soda and No Fastfood, and I'm going to keep working at keeping our dinners LowER Carb and eating more fruits and veggies. I also want to get back to buying our Bountiful Basket every 2 weeks. The week we get them falls on the weekend before payday and the past month I haven't had money to spend so I haven't gotten one in awhile. Tax money will be coming soon and that will help me get back to our budget.

I also have gotten discouraged with keeping a food diary. Because of my daughters Diabetes I am always counting carbs and keeping track of her blood sugar numbers, insulin intake and what she eats so I can spot trends with her and keep up with her insulin sensitivity. That takes a ton of work and by the time I get that done, I don't really want to log what I ate too. I think I'm going to get signed up with Livestrong and try to do it that way, also I'm going to buy a little notebook to kind of carry around and write stuff in there, I'll have to see if that helps.

Here's another recipe, I found this one on AllRecipes.Com, it was called Crock Pot Kahula Pig, I've had Kahula Pig before and Brian had it for the first time when we went to Hawaii. So, when this recipe came in my Inbox, I thought, heck ya, let's try this. I don't know if it's exactly like the orginal Kahula Pig (Pig burried in the ground and steamed/cooked all night), but it's great and easy.

Shredded Pork Roast

Pork Loin Roast 1.5-3 pounds
Rock Salt
Liquid Smoke

Put the Roast in the crock pot, sprinkle with Rock Salt, maybe a tablespoon, throw in a couple dashes of Liquid Smoke. Cook on High 6 hours for a defrosted roast. Cook on High 10 hours for a frozen roast. Shred meat and eat. Serve with Pineapple and Rice

Leftovers are good in tacos, sandwiches, quesadillas.

Last night after we shredded it we pourd in a half bottle of BBQ sauce and had it on sandwiches with Homemade Mac and Cheese for a side and Broccolli. Yum. Low Carb, Low Fat. We had enough to serve the 5 of us and leftovers for 3 lunches for Brian.

No comments:

Post a Comment