Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Biggest Loser Contest (White Mountain Version) Weigh In Wednesday

Today was Day 1 of the White Mountain Biggest Loser Contest. Weigh in Wednesday.

After I got the kids off to school this morning, Graham and I headed to Zumba class. We had a fun time and great workout as always, then it was off to the gym here in Snowflake to weigh in for the first day of the contest. I weighed in at 191.6 on their scale. That kinda sucked because on Jan 1 I was 193, so last week I apparently gained some back, but I'm still down for the year I guess. The lady recorded my weight and off I went to work out a little. I had Graham with me, so I didn't plan on staying long. First I did the treadmill at a 4% incline at 3MPH. I did that for 20 minutes and I did work up a sweat, but not so much of a heart rate increase. Graham wanted me try the stationary bike next, so I did that, but I don't think I had the seat set right, so it wasn't very fun. However, I did ride for 6 minutes and got up to 5 miles on it. Next I did some weight lifting machines and worked on my arms. I did that for another 20 minutes or so. By then I was hungry, since I hadn't had anything but water all day. I never had enough time for breakfast. So we went to Dollar Tree and Basha's (the grocery store) since the gym is in the same parking lot as them. Did our shopping and headed home. I put away the groceries and then made lunch I had a big salad, lettuce, green onion, green pepper, brocolli, tomato, cucumber and a whole can of albacore tuna (in water). I used probably about 20 sprays of Balsamic dressing. It said serving size was 10 sprays. After lunch I had a quick shower and did some chores. When the girls got home from school we had grapes for a snack. Then for dinner I had 2 Chicken Fried Steak Patties, 1 cup White Rice, 1 cup of steamed Broccoli, and 1/2 cup of Country Gravy. (I should have had only 1 pattie and 1/2 cup of rice, I was hungry, need to plan snacks better througout the day). Then I got the kids ready for bed, changed Kortnie's site (the tube in her stomach that delivers her insulin from her pump) and went to another Zumba class. So according to Livestrong I ate 1414 calories and burned 1517. Not too bad, so I'm under for calories today. Yay Me! I'm also working on my 7th cup of 20oz water for the day. Phew, seems like kind of a long day, but it was a good day. Now we'll see how sore I am tomorrow. I plan on going to the gym for most/all of the 2 hours that Graham is at school. I looked up the C25K program on the computer today and downloaded an app for my phone, I'm thinking of doing the treadmill one. Seems easy(ish) enough and I can do 30-40 minutes on the treadmill 3 days a week. So maybe Zumba and weights on Wed and Fri, and then C25K and weights on Tues, Thurs, Sat? I don't know, I'm not much of a runner, I like walking, but running, I'm kind of "Meh" we'll see if I stick with it.

Now time for a shower and bed, onward to day 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment